Please keep in mind that many immigration matters have a strict deadline and it is important to seek legal advice in a timely manner. For further assistance, please book a consultation.

The short answer is that the person can renew his/her status after residing in Canada for two years out of each five-year period. There are exceptions to this rule, but these are dependent on each person’s specific circumstances. Therefore, we strongly suggest that you call our office for consultation

If a person has been physically present in Canada for a period of at least three years within the five years prior to submitting the citizenship application, he/she may qualify for Canadian citizenship. However, the rules for calculating a period of residency are complex and there are exceptions to the standard residency requirement. Therefore, we strongly suggest that you call our office for consultation.

In order to make a claim for a refugee protection, a person normally has to be in Canada or at a port of entry. However, there are exceptions to this rule, which can be outlined and discussed in a personal consultation. Therefore, we strongly suggest that you call our office for consultation

Being convicted of a crime in Canada can lead to the loss of permanent resident status and removal from Canada under certain circumstances. Recent changes to the legislation have increased restrictions on appeal rights and created a much stricter system for permanent residents convicted of a crime in Canada. Therefore, it is imperative that you seek legal advice on the immigration consequences of a conviction immediately. Our office specializes in dealing with criminal inadmissibility issues. We strongly suggest that you contact our office as soon as possible.

The refusal of a visitor visa application does not preclude the same person from applying again and receiving a positive reply on that second application. In many cases, better prepared supporting documentation is the key to success on a subsequent application. We would be pleased to consult with you or your family member to discuss how you can improve an application based on your specific case details. If you are in such situation, we strongly suggest that you call our office for consultation

A person who has arrived in Canada as a permanent resident has all the rights of Canadian citizens, except they cannot vote, be elected, or hold a Canadian passport until they apply for and receive Canadian citizenship. Permanent residents have right to free health care, education, employment, grants, social assistance and other benefits depending on their circumstances. For more information, feel free to contact our office.

No, you are not permitted to work or study while in Canada on a visitor’s visa. In order to work, you need to have a work permit and in order to study, a study permit. These are three different status documents which entitle you to different privileges. However, there are very few exceptions to this rule and if you would like to know whether or not you fall under any of them, please call our office for consultation

Unfortunately, the sponsorship program only permits you to sponsor certain types of relations. You may sponsor your spouse/common-law partner/conjugal partner, your parents/grandparents, children/grandchildren and stepchildren. In some special circumstances you may be eligible to sponsor other relatives, but this can be confirmed only after the assessment of your case. Therefore, we strongly suggest that you contact our office

There are a number of options including appealing before the Refugee Appeal Division, having your case reviewed by the Federal Court of Canada, applying for a Pre-Removal Risk Assessment, and applying for Humanitarian and Compassionate consideration. The options available to you will depend on the unique circumstances of your particular case. Please note that there have been major changes to the rules for failed refugee claims and there are very short deadlines to meet. Also, some of these options will not be available to you depending on the circumstances of your case. Therefore, we strongly suggest that you contact our office as soon as possible.

You will need to apply for an extension or restoration of your status if it has expired. For assistance, contact our office.

Typically, to apply for permanent residence, the applicant needs to be outside of Canada. However, in some circumstances you can apply under the Canadian Experience Class or on Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds from within Canada. If you would like to know whether you qualify under these or other programs, contact our office for an in-person consultation.

This will depend on the type of application and which CIC or visa post is handling it. For details visit:

We accept payment by certified cheque, money order, credit (VISA and M/C) and debit card, email fund transfer and wire transfer. We also accept cash payments (subject to LSUC restrictions). Please contact our receptionist for further payment instructions.

Close Menu